G&J Lawn Care and Maintenance Subsidiary of SAMNAT Inc.
Sweeping is definitely the most effective service available to provide a clean appearance to your property.
Since a majority of our customers have parking lots that seem to collect many different types of debris, we take our time and do a lot of testing to ensure that the equipment we invest in is both efficient and versatile.
During the bidding process an estimator will inspect your property and decide the best type of equipment needed to get the job done right!
According to the North American Power Sweeping Association, sweeping your parking area on a regular basis may bring more revenue to your business. Well maintained parking areas and side walks are the key to attracting customers. Studies have shown that cleanliness ranks as one of the top factors in determining where people shop. Many people consider exterior cleanliness to be as important as interior cleanliness.
In today's extremely competitive market, property managers cannot afford the tarnished image caused by cutting back on exterior grounds maintenance. Regular sweeping is a very important component contributing to overall outside appearance.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Check with your sweeping contractor to see what is included in their price. If you have additional needs that are not included in the price (e.g. emptying trash cans, blower work behind the building), just let them know so they can price accordingly. There are also a few things you should know about sweeping services.
- These machines are designed to pick up trash (e.g. cigarette butts, paper, and sand). They are not built to pick up large debris or liquids.
- They do not remove stains (e.g. oil spills) from pavement.
- If you decide to have your lot swept once a month, you cannot expect it to look clean for the entire month. It will begin to accumulate trash and debris immediately after being swept.
- Sweeping contractors cannot be held responsible for slip-and-fall accidents. These machines will keep your lot looking neat and tidy, but they will only be on-site for a limited time. Something can spill, leak or blow into the area after the contractor has swept the lot.
Determining the Price
The following are several factors that may be considered when determining a price for sweeping your lot.
How often does the lot need to be swept?
If there is a high traffic flow your lot will need to be swept more often than a specialty store with only a few customers per day.
What is the layout?
The more obstacles there are to work around, the more expensive the service will be. If you have center islands filled with rocks or bark, the contractor knows this material will work its way into your parking lot.
Is your lot surrounded by trees?
The leaves and other debris from the trees are considered when the contractor looks at your lot.
What condition is your parking area in?
Deteriorating pavement will increase sweeping time.
Is there a limited sweeping time?
If your parking area has a noise restriction there will only be limited times that the contractor can work in your area. Even if there is not a noise restriction there may be other factors that limit sweeping time, e.g. a bar that is open until 2:00 a.m. or a coffee shop that opens at 6:00 a.m.
Can the contractor dump on site?
If the contractor has to haul the sweeping debris away the job will take longer, therefore costing more.
The above are just some of the elements that are considered when giving you a quote for sweeping services. If you have additional questions, please contact us. We will be happy to answer any questions you might have.